LaGuardia Community College Logo


Our Best Answer: Can I be readmitted if I've been out of the college?


If you've been out 1 full academic year or longer and wish to be readmitted to LaGuardia, you can submit a readmission form, available online, and pay a $20 processing fee through the Bursar's Office. If you owe any previous balance, you must pay it in full.

Students who have been away from LaGuardia for only 1 semester are able to register for the upcoming semester without additional steps. Please see an advisor to plan for the appropriate courses and support services.

You are notified by email regarding the status of your application. This notification is sent within 3 weeks of your application and will include information on the next steps in the enrollment process if you are readmitted. Advising is available through Student Advising Services and registration support with CUNYfirst is available through the Registrar.

If you have not received an email regarding your readmission after 3 weeks, please contact the Associate Registrar at (718) 482-6011 or contact the Registrar Office.

Note: You cannot readmit online, and readmission is not guaranteed.


Was this information helpful?

Having trouble finding your answer? Please send us an email.